cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How do I schedule/automate the running and export of an account report?

Jump to solution

I would like to be able to #schedule the #grade report for my sub-account so that it will run (refresh) daily. I would ideally like to do this through an API so that I can get the csv to be sent to a specific folder where I can then have the file sorted using a script in Python. The script will identify students of note (above 85), students to watch (below 75) and students in trouble (below 70). I have the python script working but would like to remove the manual running and exporting of the grade report file. If you know of scripts out there that will get me part of the way, I can take it from there. I may want to schedule other reports to run and export so perhaps some sort of scheduler script?

Cheers,

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner II

The account report endpoints (Account Reports - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation) will let you start a report, check its status and get an index of available reports.

The index can include type, eg. grade_export_csv.  The returned report information includes an URL for downloading the report.

So it would be quite straightforward to script what you want to do.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

The account report endpoints (Account Reports - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation) will let you start a report, check its status and get an index of available reports.

The index can include type, eg. grade_export_csv.  The returned report information includes an URL for downloading the report.

So it would be quite straightforward to script what you want to do.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

@Chris - Would you be willing to share the python script that exports Canvas report?