cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elizabeth
Community Member

How do I set a minimum time limit on an assignment?

Jump to solution

Most of the assignments that I have for my classes are in video format.  I am needing to set a minimum time limit (so students can't skip ahead without at least spending the time they are supposed to be watching the videos) in order to meet the state curriculum guidelines.  I have not been able to find that option when making an assignment.  How can I accomplish this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awilliams
Surveyor

Hello  @elizabeth ​, I am not aware of any functionality, work-around, or outstanding feature idea for accomplishing this. I would recommend creating a feature idea in the Canvas Feature Ideas​ space. Check out How does the voting process work for feature ideas?​ and How to write a good feature idea submission​.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
awilliams
Surveyor

Hello  @elizabeth ​, I am not aware of any functionality, work-around, or outstanding feature idea for accomplishing this. I would recommend creating a feature idea in the Canvas Feature Ideas​ space. Check out How does the voting process work for feature ideas?​ and How to write a good feature idea submission​.

View solution in original post

snugent
Lamplighter II

One work around may be adding the assignments to modules and setting the assignments with requirements. Then each module can be configured with prerequisites. It wouldn't set a minimum time but would force students to complete the assignment before moving on. 

How do I require students to move through each Module item in order?