cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pattyd
Community Member

How do I set new dates for a student after a quiz has been started or closed?

How do I set new dates for a student after a quiz has been started or closed?

For example: A quiz has already started or is closed a student, I want to give a student a new due date and time, how do I do this without causing the significant change icon from appearing for the remainder of my class?

If I use the Moderate Quiz Page it doesn't allow me to set new due dates times and if I edit the quiz and add a new due date time for one or more students my other students receive the significant change icon and I have to manually go through the SpeedGrader and re-save each score manually.

This is an issue for me because my course can be over 1000 students at times.   

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tross
Explorer II

What if you didn't change the due date but just extended the until time.  If each student only has one attempt, it won't give them another attempt.  It would let other students have 'late' time too but it does always show you they are late.  

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@pattyd ‌,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

pattyd
Community Member

Unfortunately, this is still occurring, I have 22 sections each with a different due date/time and when a student presents a valid excuse (such as late enrollment) I add them with their own due date/time which causes the following to display in the grade book.

Gradebook Icons

I am following the instructions identified Here https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10038-4152101240 only the Quiz is obviously Published and has been started.