How do I share a module with another teacher in my building?

Jump to solution
debbie_wallace
Community Novice

How do I share a module with another teacher in my building?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @debbie_wallace  Welcome to the Canvas Community. There is not, presently, a good way to do this (but keep reading.....) unless your institution uses Canvas Commons.  Even with Commons, however, it would not go to just one, specific person at your institution but rather either the entire school or (best case scenario) within a department. In other words, anyone at your institution who checked would be able to see it or anyone within a department would be able to see it and import it.  Perhaps your department or school has this feature if you wanted to use it, but you will want to check with someone there.

Right now, you may need to get a Canvas administrator at your institution involved, since otherwise the only way to transfer a specific module in Canvas to another course is if you are the instructor or a TA within both courses...which I gather is not likely your case.  I (as a Canvas administrator myself) do this fairly frequently upon request from the instructors involved and copy the material over from one class to another.

In the near future, however, Canvas will allow faculty to share material with one another thanks to a new feature that may be enabled at your institution after January 18 called Direct Share, due to be released with the release on January 18.  This sounds like just what you would be after, except it would not allow you to share an entire module...only the specific items within it on an item-by-item basis.  But it's a start.

Hope this helps a bit, Debra.

View solution in original post

0 Likes