cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kclark6
Community Member

How do I share a "New Quizzes" quiz to the Commons?

Jump to solution

I created a quiz using the New Quizzes engine and now I get an error message stating, "There was an error generating the tool launch" when I try to share it to the Commons for a colleague to use it.  Anybody know of a solution or a work around?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kclark6 , thanks for your question.

If Commons isn't playing nice (it might be busy), then you could try the Copy To or Send To options with your colleague.

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-18385-how-do-i-use-direct-share-to-copy-an-assignment-to-an... 

How do I use Direct Share to send an assignment to another instructor? 

Or the Course Import Tool (which can be simplified to just a quiz) How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?  

Sing out if you need a hand. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kclark6 , thanks for your question.

If Commons isn't playing nice (it might be busy), then you could try the Copy To or Send To options with your colleague.

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-18385-how-do-i-use-direct-share-to-copy-an-assignment-to-an... 

How do I use Direct Share to send an assignment to another instructor? 

Or the Course Import Tool (which can be simplified to just a quiz) How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?  

Sing out if you need a hand. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
sedlockj
Surveyor

Hello - this is occurring for my instructors as well with New Quizzes and Commons, and the "Copy To" or "Send To" options are generating blank quizzes on the receiving end. The copy will go through, and the New Quiz shell will be created in the other course, but no questions or instructions come through. The New Quiz is also not sharing to Commons.

Any word on if this functionality will be fixed or additional solutions other than the Course Import Tool? Thank you!

johnsone
Surveyor II

I had the same issue, so I reached out to Canvas. Turns out it is possible to share New Quizzes, you just need to initiate that share from the Assignments page rather than the Quizzes page.

danaleeling
Explorer

Thanks @johnsone this might explain behavior my colleague is seeing at another campus where new quizzes I shared to them via sending a whole module that included new quizzes arrives with quizzes that the recipient faculty member cannot post.

"I have tried editing them but they would not let me post.  I have 2 versions of 1 quiz that are sitting in the class, but I can't delete them, nor can the students see them. At the moment they are just "sitting there."

I will try sending the new quizzes individually from the Assignments page...