cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How do I share and import an ENTIRE module?

Is there a way to import an entire module or page, without having to also import the assignments, quizzes, discussions, etc. that are linked to that page?  When sharing content among common grade levels/teachers, it would be really helpful/quick/easy/less stressful if everything was imported.  I've posted a module to commons, shared a course that doesn't get used much, and then my colleagues have to upload all of the linked pages as well.  It's a hassle.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I have the same question and need to share a module with my entire staff.  I love how we can share pages, assignments, discussions with direct share, but I do not understand why we can't do that to an entire module.  I am also having trouble finding a way to share the module in commons without exporting the entire course.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer II

Hi there, I'm not sure if I am understanding the problem correctly so please ignore me if the following information does not help. You can import a module (and all its contents) by doing a course import, copying a canvas course and ticking the 'select specific content' option (note that this is not the default option) and then locating your module from the drop-down menu. Not sure if that helps. More info here: How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool? 

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for the information. I guess I wanted to know why we could do it

with Direct Share?

Appreciate you taking the time to respond. Bre--

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 1:35 PM

alexandre.schneider@centrouniversitariofam.com <instructure@jiveon.com>

0 Kudos
Labels