cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How do I share the same quizzes and assignments between classes?

Jump to solution

I would like an easy-to-use feature like the way you can share files between classes. I hate to make the same quizzes and assignments numerous times.  If this was already answered, then I did know the proper wording to make that answer pop up. Sorry.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

kchaisson@whiteville.k12.nc.us, are you delivering the same content across multiple classes, with the only variables being class meeting times, students enrolled, and/or due dates? If so, you can cross-list (or more likely, ask your school to cross-list) your classes (in Canvas, they're called "courses") so that they all reside in one umbrella shell, so to speak. You can then use the differentiated assignments feature to create different due dates for each class (which will now be one of the cross-listed sections). For this solution, please refer to:

How do I use cross-listing in an account?

How do I assign an Assignment to an individual student or course section?

If the content is not identical in all of the classes, you can leverage the features of Canvas Commons to create quizzes and assignments once, then import them into each of your classes/courses. If you decide to go this route, please refer to:

What is Canvas Commons?

How do I use Commons?

How do I share a resource to Commons? and

How do I import and view a Commons resource in Canvas?

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

kchaisson@whiteville.k12.nc.us, are you delivering the same content across multiple classes, with the only variables being class meeting times, students enrolled, and/or due dates? If so, you can cross-list (or more likely, ask your school to cross-list) your classes (in Canvas, they're called "courses") so that they all reside in one umbrella shell, so to speak. You can then use the differentiated assignments feature to create different due dates for each class (which will now be one of the cross-listed sections). For this solution, please refer to:

How do I use cross-listing in an account?

How do I assign an Assignment to an individual student or course section?

If the content is not identical in all of the classes, you can leverage the features of Canvas Commons to create quizzes and assignments once, then import them into each of your classes/courses. If you decide to go this route, please refer to:

What is Canvas Commons?

How do I use Commons?

How do I share a resource to Commons? and

How do I import and view a Commons resource in Canvas?

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

kchaisson@whiteville.k12.nc.us, on the off chance that cross listing and Canvas Commons aren't options that would work for you, what I often find myself doing is just copying directly from one course to the other using this method - How do I import content from another Canvas course?

Hope this helps!

Labels