cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How do I stay logged in on my Canvas app on an iPhone?

Jump to solution

After I updaded my canvas app on my iPhone, I am required to “find my school” and login every single time I want to go on the app. Before I updated it, I was able to open the app and have my dashboard already there. Is there a way to stay signed in so I don’t have to go through the process of finding my school and signing in every time? Also, when I do open it the dashboard doesn’t fit my screen and I am constantly zooming in and out to be able to read information for my classes. 

Thank you, Lexi Dickson

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Navigator

Hello there, dicksa01@dyc.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  In addition to the information that Ryan.Seilhamer@ucf.edu provided for you, I looked at your attached screen shot from your mobile device.  It looks like you actually aren't using the app but are signing in to your school's Canvas environment via your phone's web browser.  The reason I say this is because I can see your global navigation menu on the left side of your screen shot, and you normally don't see this within the Canvas Student/Teacher apps.  It looks like you are using an Apple mobile device, so here's a Guide on how to download the apps (choose the one specific to your role):

How do I download the Canvas Student app on my iOS device? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-11921-71156771517 

I hope these links will be of help to you, Alexandra.  Please let us know if you have any questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi dicksa01@dyc.edu‌, 

If this worked before, and your school didn't change the way you log in, then I'm suspected an issue with the app. Give the following items a try to see if it fixes your issue:

1. Go to your phone's Settings and scroll down to Student on the main settings screen. Toggle on Reset Cache on Next Launch. Reopen the app. 
  2. Uninstall and re-install the app.

If neither of these work, I'd suggest you put in a ticket with your local tech support so they can create a Canvas ticket and get this investigated. 

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Navigator

Hello there, dicksa01@dyc.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  In addition to the information that Ryan.Seilhamer@ucf.edu provided for you, I looked at your attached screen shot from your mobile device.  It looks like you actually aren't using the app but are signing in to your school's Canvas environment via your phone's web browser.  The reason I say this is because I can see your global navigation menu on the left side of your screen shot, and you normally don't see this within the Canvas Student/Teacher apps.  It looks like you are using an Apple mobile device, so here's a Guide on how to download the apps (choose the one specific to your role):

How do I download the Canvas Student app on my iOS device? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-11921-71156771517 

I hope these links will be of help to you, Alexandra.  Please let us know if you have any questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post