cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dconnor
Community Member

How do I sync a "cleared" grade field to Powerschool SIS for an assignment I've already graded?

When a student has missing work, I add a zero in the gradebook, and sync it to Powerschool. If that student then turns in their work, I want to be able to "clear out" the grade field so it's no longer affecting them until I can get around to regrading their submission.

This works perfectly in Canvas, but it does not sync that "cleared" field to Powerschool - the zeroes stay, causing parents and students to freak out until I can regrade that assignment.

Is there a way to make the cleared grading field sync to Powerschool?

4 Replies
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dconnor ,

I wanted to check in as I noted that your question seems to have the community a little stumped. I am sure by now you will have found a possible solution or workaround through some of your own additional sleuthing? If not, do you still need assistance with this (please let us know, we are always happy to help)!

If you did find a solution that solved this, it would be great to hear from you how you did (as this will help anyone else that finds your question in future).

Cheers,
Stuart 

Hi Stuart,

I haven't found any real solution, other than manually clearing the grading field in PowerSchool, which is cumbersome and ultimately not especially helpful time-wise.

Any other solutions you may have would be appreciated!

Dylan

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dconnor , I'm not very knowledgable on this topic, but there are some guides and information in the following area of the Community - PowerSchool‌. My recommendation is to review these resources/information to see if anything there helps. If not, then I'd contact Canvas Support to see if they can help. To do this, click on the Help link in Canvas and Report a Problem.

Hope this helps!

Kona

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @dconnor ...

Like  @stuart_ryan , I wanted to also check in with you about this topic.  I noticed that there hasn't been any recent activity in this topic since  @kona ' comment on January 3, 2019.  Have you had a chance to review her response?  Have you tried reaching out to the Help Desk folks at Instructure to see if they have any insights for you?  If so, what was the outcome of that conversation?  Would you be willing to share that back here with us in this topic?  Also if you feel that an above reply has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark that person's response as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from Community members, please feel free to post a response below so that someone might be able to help.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for a few months.  But, that won't keep you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Dylan.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.