cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How do I sync courses to my mobile app taught from different venues?

Jump to solution

On my mobile app, I see the courses I am taking through one institution.  I would like to add the courses I am taking through another.  How do I do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Greetings mcmullinps@gmail.comSmiley Happy

And welcome to the Canvas Community!

The answer to your question depends on what platform your mobile device is implementing.

To make sure I'm understanding you correctly: You taking courses at different institutions and would like to know how to access them on the same device (I'm I picking up, what you're laying down?) Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

If so, then please see the following link here: How do I switch to another account in the Student app on my iOS device?  It is from the Canvas Support Guide for Mobile App Users.

But wait...THERE'S MORE!  I'm going to include the link to BOTH Mobile platforms for you!

Here's that: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-4048 

One point to remember: If you are having issues with the Mobile App, I would recommend seeing if you can access it using the web-based version (i.e. desktop, laptop) first, then letting our Canvas Support know about the issue.  The developing team is working to enhance the User experience on the mobile platform. But you may need to supplement that mobile use, with the full-feature experience of the web-based version.  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Again, a pleasure to meet you, and have a SUPER Day!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Greetings mcmullinps@gmail.comSmiley Happy

And welcome to the Canvas Community!

The answer to your question depends on what platform your mobile device is implementing.

To make sure I'm understanding you correctly: You taking courses at different institutions and would like to know how to access them on the same device (I'm I picking up, what you're laying down?) Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

If so, then please see the following link here: How do I switch to another account in the Student app on my iOS device?  It is from the Canvas Support Guide for Mobile App Users.

But wait...THERE'S MORE!  I'm going to include the link to BOTH Mobile platforms for you!

Here's that: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-4048 

One point to remember: If you are having issues with the Mobile App, I would recommend seeing if you can access it using the web-based version (i.e. desktop, laptop) first, then letting our Canvas Support know about the issue.  The developing team is working to enhance the User experience on the mobile platform. But you may need to supplement that mobile use, with the full-feature experience of the web-based version.  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Again, a pleasure to meet you, and have a SUPER Day!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks tlampley@msjc.edu‌, 

The switch account feature works great. I'm jumping around between various Canvas schools all the time and it's a lifesaver. 

If you are using an Android, here are the directionsHow do I switch to another user account in the Student app on my Android device? 

Highlighted

Thank you Sir!

The information, from an Android perspective, is very helpful! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Have a SUPER Day!

Labels