cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

How do I use Canvas Studio quizzes?

I am having quite a few problems with Canvas Studio quizzes.

I have figured out how to create the quiz and add questions.

These are my issues:

1) Can I embed a video with a quiz on a page or does it have to be an assignment?

2) I can't get the points on the quizzes to show up in speedgrader.  Do I need to change the points in the assignment setting? Or something else?

3) I can't get the true/false question to have any option about points, only the multiple-choice questions have that.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi dvcsahra...

1) Can I embed a video with a quiz on a page or does it have to be an assignment?

Yes...anywhere where you can use the RCE (Rich Content Editor), you can embed a Canvas Studio Quiz.  See How do I embed a Canvas Studio video quiz in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?.

2) I can't get the points on the quizzes to show up in speedgrader.  Do I need to change the points in the assignment setting? Or something else?

See How do I post Canvas Studio video quiz results in the Gradebook? and How do I view Canvas Studio video quiz results in a course?.

3) I can't get the true/false question to have any option about points, only the multiple-choice questions have that.

Are you saying that you'd like an answer of "True" to be worth more points than an answer of "False" (example: True is 3 points and False is 2 points)?  If so, you might want to use a Multiple Choice question type in the Canvas Studio Quiz instead of the True/False question type.  See How do I create a Canvas Studio video quiz in a course?.

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Sahra.  Please let Community members know if you have other questions about this information.  Take care...stay safe...be well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

First, thanks for your speedy response.

To clarify, let's say I post a Studio video on a page, and that video has a quiz attached to it. Do I have to post it AGAIN as an assignment in order for the video to show up in SpeedGrader? (or perhaps best to just post only as an assignment for anything with a quiz?).

Also, in terms of my point 3, with the true/false question, I don't see any points associated with it or any way to modify it. So if I had a quiz with three true/false questions (and nothing else), does that mean it will be worth 3 points? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi dvcsahra...

I should clarify that I am a Canvas administrator at our school and do not teach courses, so my experience using Studio Quizzes probably isn't as great as those who do teach.  I would probably say, however, to use that first link I provided for your second question...to put your video in a Canvas assignment.  That way, you know it will work for everyone involved.  As it relates to your third question, that's a great observation.  I had not noticed that there wasn't a point value for True/False questions.  I would assume that, yes, it's just one point per question.  You might want to try this out, though, if you have a sandbox course that doesn't have students in it.  Or, you could log in to your school's "Test" environment to try it out there (How do I access the Canvas test environment as an instructor?‌).  Just be sure you log out of your "Test" environment before you log back in to your normal Canvas "Production" environment (how you normally log in to Canvas each day).  Hope this helps...

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels