cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwa132
Community Member

How do I view analytics for an inactive student?

How do I view analytics for an inactive student? When clicking on People and selecting a student marked inactive, there is no longer an analytics link even if they were once active in the class. Is there a way to activate this link?Analytics image for student who is inactiveAnalytics image for student who is active

Just for context, what I would like to see is a communication report between an instructor in a course and a student who may have decided to drop a course.

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @dwa132  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  I tried out your scenario in my own sandbox course.  It looks like the only way (at least from the front-end Canvas UI) for you to be able to see analytics again would be to re-activate the student temporarily in your course.  Then, that "Analytics" button should be visible (though you may have to refresh your "People" page in order to see that button ... at least that's what my experience was).  By re-activating the student in "People" temporarily, that should give you the time you need to get the data, and then you can inactivate the student again.  There may be ways to do this via APIs or Canvas Data, but that's not something I'm very familiar with.  Hope this helps, though.

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13120-4152481702 

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dwa132 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie