cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

How do figure out what is due and when it is due for my children?

Hello 

I am new to canvas and have no clue how to use it. I really would like to figure out what is due in my students classes and when they are due.  I would also like to see that my children have actually completed the work that is due.  How do I do this?  

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Joyceb -

The date and time which is listed with an assignment is when something needs to be submitted. There are Events sometimes in the Calendar, but often those aren't associated with anything that needs to be given back to the teacher.

If you'd like to see what has (or has not) been submitted, always check out the Grades page.

How do I view the Grades page for a student as an observer? 

Another handy tool is Canvas Parent. If your school has enabled access, you can use your same username and password to use the free app. Here, you can see a week-at-a-glance, see details on submission, and set customized alerts.

Canvas Parent App 

For other tips, there are many resources included in the blog Clarity for Canvas Observers 

Let the Community know if you have any follow-up questions. We'll do our best to connect you with the resources you need.

0 Kudos
Labels