cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim_payer
Community Member

How do students register their clicker devices in Canvas?

Jump to solution

Is there no other way than hand entry of each students device number to register the device in canvas?

Are there any work-arrounds that would make this easier?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@tim_payer ​...

I've never used "ResponseCard" before, so I checked with some other people to see if anyone had heard of it or knew who might be of help to you.  There are some helpful resources on this page, Integration Solutions Resources (just before half-way down).  I'd recommend looking through those, and if you are still having issues, you may want to get in contact with the folks at Turning Technologies and/or your school's Customer Success Manager at Instructure.  Hope this helps!

(Thanks to stefaniesanders​ for the link.)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @tim_payer ​...

Do you know what kind of clicker devices you and your students are using?  Are you trying to use clicker devices in Canvas in conjunction with an LTI app that is installed in your school's instance of Canvas...such as i>clicker (Edu App Center: i>clicker or https://www1.iclicker.com/)?  Any additional information from you would be great!

tim_payer
Community Member

Hi Chris,

We use the "ResponseCard" RF LCD

form Turning Technologies.

Thanks for any feedback.

Tim

@tim_payer ​...

I've never used "ResponseCard" before, so I checked with some other people to see if anyone had heard of it or knew who might be of help to you.  There are some helpful resources on this page, Integration Solutions Resources (just before half-way down).  I'd recommend looking through those, and if you are still having issues, you may want to get in contact with the folks at Turning Technologies and/or your school's Customer Success Manager at Instructure.  Hope this helps!

(Thanks to stefaniesanders​ for the link.)

View solution in original post

tim_payer
Community Member

Thank you Chris and Stephanie

That is what i was looking for I think.

What is meant by the "Canvas porthole"

Is this just the log on dialogue box for the student?

I still have to test it as a student though....I may have to wait until school starts.

Thanks,  Tim

@tim_payer , I only looked at these two guides--Canvas and TurningPoint- and Canvas for TurningPoint Participants --as they seemed most relevant to registering devices, and didn't see the term "Canvas porthole" used in either one. So, while I'm not able to see the context for the term, I suspect that you're right and that it's meant to refer to the login dialog box. Inasmuch as Turning Technologies wrote the documentation, it might be best if you were to get clarification directly from them through their support link: Turning Technologies Support

superk_8
Community Member

I just don't know where to go.  I go to canvas, my teacher says follow the directions posted in Canvas to register the clicker, but I go to Canvas and don't see anything about a clicker. I searched, nothing. my instructor mentioned something about modules, but I don't sere those either. CAN ANYBODY HELP?

IM USING THE RESPONSECARD NXT

@superk_8 ​,

Modules are contained within a course inside Canvas. I expect that you will need to go into Canvas and click on the course name. Once there, you should find modules, one of which should contain information about registering your clicker.

There might be a separate Modules link on the navigation menu, but many instructors use the Modules page as their homepage for the course. It's a list of items in the course, normally grouped together in some fashion (each group is a "module")

If that information isn't there, then you'll need to talk to your instructor, which might be a good thing to do anyway if you're having problems. This is a global community of Canvas users and we don't have access to your course inside Canvas to provide specific details of where to look. We can only provide general statements about how Canvas operates and hope your instructor has set it up in a similar fashion.