cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How do you change the term end date to your course?

I duplicated an assignment and went to change the due date and got a message that "due date can not be after term end." It appears that the term end date was set incorrectly on my course. How do I get this changed, not sure who to contact.

Thanks,

Brian Hiatt- Aleu

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Our institution doesn't make use of term dates as it has caused problems like this for us when we first adopted Canvas. Are you able to alter the course end date in the course settings? I'm not sure if those trump the term date. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I did change the end date in course setting, but unfortunately that did not do the trick.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Navigator

brian.hiatt-aleu@gcccd.edu 

Did you also check the box that students can only participate between these dates?

See this lesson from the Canvas Instructor Guide: How do I change the start and end dates for a course?

In particular, one note at the top says:

Course Override Dates

Course override dates are only created if the Student Participation checkbox is selected as part of creating start and end dates (both dates are required). If the Student Participation checkbox is not selected in Course Settings, students can participate in the course before and after the start and end date, and participation dates will always be determined by the term dates.

0 Kudos
Labels