cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How do you find comments from the first time you did an assignment after you resubmitted it?

Jump to solution

I had to do an English paper, my teacher put comments in the the paper told me to correct it I resubmitted it but it was blank. I'm going back to fix it but I can't find the comments. How do I find them?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi djkreiss@ldsdstudents.org‌...

If I understand your question correctly, you'd like to be able to view your previously submitted file and feedback from your instructor after you've resubmitted the assignment.  In doing some testing on my end and then also finding this Feature Idea, it doesn't appear this is currently possible.  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1076-student-view-view-submissions-and-comments-for-all-submis....  As you can see, this Feature Idea is on Instructure's "Product Radar" stage, so they are aware of the need for this kind of feature in Canvas.  If you want, you can vote on this idea as well as post a comment using the link I've provided telling them why this feature would be important to you.  As you can see, there's quite a bit of interest in having something like this available for students.

Sorry I don't have better news for you at this time, Devin.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi djkreiss@ldsdstudents.org‌...

If I understand your question correctly, you'd like to be able to view your previously submitted file and feedback from your instructor after you've resubmitted the assignment.  In doing some testing on my end and then also finding this Feature Idea, it doesn't appear this is currently possible.  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1076-student-view-view-submissions-and-comments-for-all-submis....  As you can see, this Feature Idea is on Instructure's "Product Radar" stage, so they are aware of the need for this kind of feature in Canvas.  If you want, you can vote on this idea as well as post a comment using the link I've provided telling them why this feature would be important to you.  As you can see, there's quite a bit of interest in having something like this available for students.

Sorry I don't have better news for you at this time, Devin.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

djkreiss@ldsdstudents.org‌, chofer@morainepark.edu‌ is correct; students are only able to see their most recent submission to an assignment, so if you submitted anything after the initial annotated submission, you'll no longer be able to access that first one. However, teachers have access to all of a student's submissions, so you might want to ask your teacher to send you a copy of the annotated version of the submission.