How do you find submission details of a locked assignment?

Jump to solution
caden_ford_401
Community Novice

Recently I turned something into canvas and my teacher says no submission was given.  Now I can not show him that I turned it in because the assignment is locked now.  Is there any proof I can find that I turn it in?

0 Likes
1 Solution
distance_ed1
Community Contributor

Hi Caden! This is frustrating issue, and I'm sorry you're struggling with it! My recommendation is to contact whoever at your institution manages Canvas and online learning/eLearning technology. (On our campus it's just called eLearning!)

Your Canvas administrators may be able to look through your access reports to see if they can find anything. Be sure to provide them with the date and time you submitted the assignment (or a close estimate), the name of the assignment, and the course it's in. When issues like this come across my desk, I'm sometimes able to find an entry that shows the student at least made an attempt to submit the assignment, even if tech trouble prevented the assignment from successfully uploading/submitting. I can't make any promises, of course, and remember that your instructor still may not change their decision!

All the best,
Danielle Casey

eLearning Program Coordinator

Lower Columbia College

View solution in original post

0 Likes