cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How do you see a Group page from the student view

I have set up a group and assigned students and added announcements and asked students to add questions to a Discussion board.

I can see the instructor view and make the additions I have mentioned and that was fairly straightforward.

When I switch to student view I am not able to access the group (I was not able to add the instructors to the group - so as a student I am not a member of the group and do not have access).

I was wanting to see the student view of the Group setup so that I can know how easy it is for students to navigate to those pages and to advise them on how to use the page.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @spbest ...

As an instructor, you are not able to add yourself to any group that you create in your course.  You can only add students to groups in your course.  You could try to dual-enroll yourself as both an instructor and a student at the same time, but you'd only be able to add yourself to one group within any larger group set.  And, if you have any other external LTI apps integrated in your course, those LTIs may get confused if you are dual-enrolled in a course as both an instructor and a student.  So, there is a bit of a drawback to the dual-enroll work-around.  In order to access groups in your course as an instructor, you can go to your "People" page, click on the tab (name of the Group Set you previously created), and then click on the three dots icon next to any group name within the Group Set.  You should see an option for "Visit Group Homepage".  This is where you can see what the group page will look like...and all the available menu options students will have access to.

I hope this will help a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels