cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How do you setup enrollments in your profile?

Jump to solution

What is Enrollments in profile?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi again, rbaum@umd.edu 

I think I am getting what you are asking about - when working with a user, you would like to be able to see a list of what courses that user is enrolled in. Is this correct?

If I finally have this correct, it can already be done in Canvas at the admin level.  When I select a user at the admin level, I can see all of that user's enrollments, and the role they have in each enrollment. See screenshot below.......

310074_pastedImage_2.png

Are looking for a simpler method (although this is quite simple), or would you like to also have a form of this functionality available to other roles, then you should submit a feature idea. Learn how at How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?

Keep in mind that there are serious FERPA restrictions/considerations to this kind of an extension of the existing functionality.

Kelley

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi rbaum@umd.edu 

I quite honestly do not know what you are talking about.  You do not set up enrollments in your profile, and I am unsure where you heard this term. Enrollments is the term Canvas (and many others, of course) uses to describe users added to a Canvas course. In this use of the term, enrollments can include all of the user roles listed in Canvas by default, and any custom roles created by Canvas admins - teachers, students, TS, Observers, etc.

So enrollments occur in a classroom, not in a profile.

A profile in Canvas (and most everywhere else) includes the identifying information related to a specific user. In Canvas a user's profile and user settings (those personal preferences they are permitted to set regarding their use of and in the user interface of the Canvas platform) are combined in one area of Canvas. You do not enroll users in your profile, or in your settings for that matter. You can learn more about your profile at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13089-4152719730 

If you could explain further, we might better be able to help you.

Kelley

0 Kudos
Highlighted

One of my fellow co-workers was working with a staff member via Live Chat. She asked about having enrollments show up when displaying her profile. I have since sent this ticket to our Canvas support staff here on campus.

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi Robert,

Just like with most sites these days you have a profile you can setup where you can setup the types of alters you get and how often, upload a profile picture, etc...

Here is some documentation about profiles within Canvas.

What are Profile and User Settings?

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10732-67952720340

How do I edit my profile in my user account as a student?

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10628-4212710342

How do I edit my profile in my user account as an instructor?

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13089-4152719730

0 Kudos
Highlighted

One of my fellow co-workers was working with a staff member via Live Chat. She asked about having enrollments show up when displaying her profile. I have since sent this ticket to our Canvas support staff here on campus.

Highlighted

Hi again, rbaum@umd.edu 

I think I am getting what you are asking about - when working with a user, you would like to be able to see a list of what courses that user is enrolled in. Is this correct?

If I finally have this correct, it can already be done in Canvas at the admin level.  When I select a user at the admin level, I can see all of that user's enrollments, and the role they have in each enrollment. See screenshot below.......

310074_pastedImage_2.png

Are looking for a simpler method (although this is quite simple), or would you like to also have a form of this functionality available to other roles, then you should submit a feature idea. Learn how at How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?

Keep in mind that there are serious FERPA restrictions/considerations to this kind of an extension of the existing functionality.

Kelley

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Kelley,

You hit my question right on target thanks.

Labels