How do you submit multiple files for one assignment in Office 365

Jump to solution
gterri71
Community Member

I've had a assignment which required 2 files to be submitted. A Word docx and a xlsx file. But it appears that only one file for that assignment can be submitted using Office 365. I know how to do it through the file upload.

Using the microsoft office 365 365 tab is just easier and saves me from having to download it, just to upload it.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @gterri71  Welcome to the Canvas Community! You are correct: students can only upload one O365 file to their assignment submission. This is the subject of a recent feature idea that you can support by voting and commenting on https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/14791-multiple-office-365-attachments 

Turning to the issue at hand, I'd suggest submitting the assignment with the Word doc, then resubmitting it with the Excel attachment; in the second submission, enter a note to the instructor in the comments field to the effect that you have completed the assignment via two separate submissions. While you will only be able to view your most recent submission, your instructor will be able to view and assess both.

Good luck!

View solution in original post