cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

How do you view graphs in SpeedGrader?

I have created both google cloud and google sheets assignment for my students to compile data and graph. When they submit to speedgrader, the graphs don't show up or are not the same as on their google assignment. What am I doing wrong? I have to download each individual assignment to be able to view their graphs.

4 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi mathiesent@centinela.k12.ca.us

Could you share more about your students' submission process? How are they submitting their graphs? (Hyperlink, file submission, Google LTI) That information would be helpful as the Canvas Community troubleshoots with you. Smiley Happy

I have tried it two ways, first was a file upload from their google drive. Second was a Google Cloud assignment (as a Canvas LTI tool). Unfortunately, neither produced a graph I could see or assess.

Tiffany Mathiesen

Anatomy & Physiology

Softball

AVID

Is it important that you are able to get to the equations, etc from the spreadsheet? If it isn't, students could export their spreadsheet as a .pdf, then upload it to the assignment.

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello mathiesent@centinela.k12.ca.us...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since February 13, 2018.  It looks like you and kristin.lundstrum@delasalle.com have been working through the issue you are having when students try and submit data/graphs to you and you are trying to view them via the SpeedGrader.  It looks like Kristin also had suggested students convert their spreadsheets to PDF documents.  Have you suggested this to your students?  If so, was that a workable solution?  Or, are you still looking for some help with your original question?  If you feel that one of Kristin's above responses has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark it as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help with this, please come back to this thread to post an update so that someone from the Community might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Tiffany.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.