cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How do you view learning mastery for concluded students?

I have an instructor who wants to record his outcome scores for a class. The course concluded last week so students are all in past enrollments. Is there a way to get their outcome scores without looking at each student's individual outcome report or manually restoring all their enrollments?

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

dewell.justin@occ.edu, are you using the old or new gradebook? In the old gradebook I believe this will get the information your Instructor needs - How do I view grades for concluded student enrollments in the Gradebook? There’s also a similar way to do this in the new gradebook - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13717-73553813646 

Hope this helps! Kona

Highlighted

Thanks for sharing that kona@richland.edu. I didn't know about filtering the names to get concluded students in the new gradebook. However, that doesn't bring up concluded students for learning mastery in the new gradebook.

Highlighted

dewell.justin@occ.edu, I'll be honest that I don't use the Learning Mastery Gradebook, so I'm not sure what might be going on with this and how you could show this information for concluded students. You might want to contact Canvas Support to see if they can help.

Highlighted
Navigator

+1 for this action. I'm working with teachers today on data reconciliation and we realized that there is no way to see concluded enrollments in the Learning Mastery view, which is less than ideal. The teacher had an export of the information, thankfully, but there should be some way to get that information back into the gradebook after the course has concluded.

I tried changing the active term in the admin settings, but that didn't return the results. It seems like the only way is to reactivate individual students in the course. That adds their results back to the Learning Mastery view, but this is far from a good solution, especially if the course has 100+ students that would all need to be individually reactivated.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, dewell.justin@occ.edu...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since February 14, 2019.  It looks like you've gotten some responses from both kona@richland.edu and bbennett@elkhart.k12.in.us, but based on your feedback, from January 2, 2019 I'm not sure if you've been able to find a solution or not.  Have you had a chance to review Kona's and Brian's most recent feedback?  Did either of those responses help to answer your question?  Have you been able to find any solutions on your own that you'd be willing to share back here in this topic?  If you feel that one of the above responses has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and click the "Mark Correct" button next to that person's response.  However, if you are still looking for some help from Community members, please come back to this topic to post a message below letting us know how we might be able to help you out.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over five months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Justin.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Highlighted
Surveyor II

I am still needing help with this question, I need this data - what's the best way to retrieve it?