cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rob_harsch
Surveyor

How does a teacher turn off messaging from students?

I have a teacher here at my school who is getting email notifications (through the app) from former students who are now sixth graders. They should not have access to this course anymore should they?

How does he go about stopping them from messaging each other? 

2 Replies
abunag
Surveyor

It all depends on how the course was set up.  if the course had an end date and/or the term was set and ended, then no, they shouldnt' be able to contact each other through Canvas Messaging.  Is this going through Canvas, or some sort of group email?  Or a third party product in Canvas?

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @rob_harsch ...

As I was going through some older postings, I noticed that we've not heard back from you since you first posted this question to the Canvas Community website on September 22nd and then received a response from  @abunag  later that day.  Have you had a chance to review Anthony's reply?  It looks like he's got some questions for you that need some clarification in order to help you out further.  If you could please come back to this thread to answer those questions, that would be helpful.  Or, if you've been able to resolve this issue on your own, please let us know that, too, by posting a message below.  (Please post details on how it was resolved.)  For now, since we've not heard back from you and since there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for over two months, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't keep you or others from posting additional questions/comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Robert.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!