How does an instructor upload scanned submissions for an assignment and then grade them digitally in canvas?

Jump to solution
nesse
Community Novice

How does an instructor upload scanned submissions for an assignment and then grade them digitally in canvas?

Use case:

I have collected paper submissions of assignments from students. I have scanned the submissions into several .pdf files. Then I .zip them.

There appears to be a way to (re)upload submissions:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12803-4152640871 

but in my canvas assignments there is no button to "upload submissions" 

What am I missing?

This seems like it would be a no-brainier piece of functionality for Canvas. The online grading tools are very slick but as always the hardest thing to do in Canvas is file-management (in this case, just getting a file into Canvas). Why have all the slick digital grading tools if you can't use them?

Thanks!

Will

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@nesse@mzimmerman@RobSheppard@JuanOz, and @libby_jones ...

I think I have some good news for all of you.  I'm not sure if you follow the Canvas Release Notes, but it appears that submitting assignments on behalf of the student is coming to Canvas on March 18, 2023.  Check out this recently published document:

Hopefully this will be welcome news for all of you.  You may be able to test this out in your school's "beta" environment as well (before the March 18 release date), but you might need to have your Canvas administrator enable this feature in "beta" in order for you to try it out.

I hope this information will be of some help to all of you.

View solution in original post