cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How might a student download an audio lecture from Canvas?

My professor has embedded audio lectures in each week's module. I'd like to download and save the audio lectures for future reference. Is there an easy way to do that? And quickly? She's planning to close the course tomorrow morning.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Greetings asinger@patriots.edu Smiley Happy

Welcome to the Canvas Community, it's nice to meet you!

There are a few ways to do this. However, I want to provide a warning first:  You will want to be careful about the size of the files you are downloading.  Reason being, is that your account has a data capacity cap, that once reached, will prevent you from downloading anything further.  As you may know, video files are very resource-intensive (i.e. they take up A LOT of space) Smiley Happy

OK. To your question then!

Option 1: Please view this walk-through, from the Canvas Support Guide, for how to use the File System in Canvas:

How do I use Files as a Student?

Option 2: You can create a ePortfolio.  This is helpful, because you can use this to store ALL your course-work from your Canvas Courses.  As long as you have an active Canvas Account, the ePortfolio remains active. When you don't, then you can download the data to a zip-file.  I strongly recommend that students use this option, as it is helpful when you need to reference a previous assignment of project that happened quite some time ago.

What are ePortfolios?

How do I create a new ePortfolio as a student? 

How do I organize my ePortfolio as a student? 

How do I download the contents of my ePortfolio as a student? 

I hope you find this helpful asinger@patriots.eduSmiley Happy

Welcome again!  Let's us know if this works for you!

Have a SUPER Day!

Highlighted
Navigator

Hi there, asinger@patriots.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  In addition to the great resources that tlampley@msjc.edu gave you this afternoon, I wanted to also share this blog post I wrote a while back: Downloading Your Uploaded Media‌.  No guarantees, but you might want to take a look at it to see if will work for your needs.  Hope this helps!