How to Rename a Zoom recording on Canvas

Jump to solution
baer
Community Novice

How to Rename a Zoom recording on Canvas

I recorded a Zoom lecture through Canvas, it's up on my Canvas course page, and I like it just as it is — except for the title. I'm afraid I didn't think about this when I recorded it, so Zoom/Canvas just gave ti the course title. Is a way to change the title of a Zoom lecture on Canvas after it's been recorded?

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @baer ...

In addition to the info you received from  @Renee_Carney ...yes, you should be able to do this...just not through your school's Zoom integration inside of Canvas.  You will need to go out to the Zoom website (https://zoom.us) and log in with your Zoom username/password.  Once you are signed in, you'll see a bunch of menu options on the left side of your screen.  Click "Recordings". You'll see two tabs: "Cloud Recordings" and "Local Recordings".  Find and click on the name of the recording that you want to change (probably listed under "Cloud Recordings").  On the next screen, you'll see a pencil icon to the right of the name of the recording.  Click on the pencil icon to re-name and "Save" your new title.

I hope this helps, John.  Stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes