cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How to Stop Push Notifications from Certain Calendar Events?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am a part of a "group" that regularly posts new events, and these notifications are constantly popping up on my iPhone. How can I stop iOS Push Notifications from that certain group's events but keep other course events' notifications? Or, how can I stop the push notifications for all "New Events" that get added to the calendar?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Hello zkhatibs@umich.edu‌: 

There is currently no way to turn off events for one group and not another. It's either all on or all off. If you want to stop getting push notifications for all events, you can do this a few different ways. 

First go to your notification preferences. 

IOS: 

How do I set Notification Preferences in the Canvas app on my iOS device? 

On the web:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-1286 

Next you will do the following: 

You want to make sure you adjust the notifications under "For All Devices". To turn off all events, toggle off "Calendar" under the Scheduling section of the notifications settings. 

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Member

Hello zkhatibs@umich.edu‌: 

There is currently no way to turn off events for one group and not another. It's either all on or all off. If you want to stop getting push notifications for all events, you can do this a few different ways. 

First go to your notification preferences. 

IOS: 

How do I set Notification Preferences in the Canvas app on my iOS device? 

On the web:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-1286 

Next you will do the following: 

You want to make sure you adjust the notifications under "For All Devices". To turn off all events, toggle off "Calendar" under the Scheduling section of the notifications settings. 

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post