How to add Navigation Items

Jump to solution
Kat_Wruck
Community Member

I'm trying to figure out how to add a page/link to our Navigation menu in the course? I currently have the defaults (e.g. Rubrics, Assignments, People..) on there but saw you can add your own. Where would I go for that? Is it an extra feature/LTI I need to enable? If yes, what is it called?

Many thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @Kat_Wruck ...

The instructions that @richardja gave you are correct, and you can also find a related Guide at How do I manage Course Navigation links?.  If you are wanting to add a custom course navigation button, however, you would have to use the Redirect Tool LTI external app.

I hope this extra bit of information will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

@LinseyPalazzi ...

I *think* you can still use the Redirect tool as I had mentioned in my earlier reply.  When you are setting it up, you would want to copy the link for the page you created...and this would then be the link to paste into the Redirect Tool setup...which should then take you and your students to that page every time.  Do you think this might work for your needs?

View solution in original post