Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How to add a person to a student role in course

Jump to solution

Hi,

How do I add a student to a course? I see I can add other teachers, TAs, observers, etc., but not students.

Thanks in advance for help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi mooreje@d.umn.edu  and welcome to the Canvas Community!  Your best bet would probably to be contact one of the Canvas administrators at your institution. I have used Canvas at a couple of different institutions and both had it configured so that students could only be added to courses by administrators or through an automated feed from our student information system.  This was done so that there would not be a way for a student to complete a class and believe he/she earned credit, but not have gone through a formal registration process.  Other Canvas instances may be set up differently, but it sounds like at your institution it may be configured similarly to mine.  However, a Canvas admin could tell you this for sure.

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi mooreje@d.umn.edu  and welcome to the Canvas Community!  Your best bet would probably to be contact one of the Canvas administrators at your institution. I have used Canvas at a couple of different institutions and both had it configured so that students could only be added to courses by administrators or through an automated feed from our student information system.  This was done so that there would not be a way for a student to complete a class and believe he/she earned credit, but not have gone through a formal registration process.  Other Canvas instances may be set up differently, but it sounds like at your institution it may be configured similarly to mine.  However, a Canvas admin could tell you this for sure.

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for your help!

Labels