cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChandlWM
Learner II

How to add questions from a quiz to a question bank?

Jump to solution

I created several questions but now I want them added to a bank.  Next time I will create them in the bank and then add them to a quiz.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

ChandlWM

The method used to get question banks created would be to create a quiz export where the quizzes reside, then import that newly created export .zip file back into the course. Choose the "QTI .zip file" when picking an import type.  This will most likely duplicate the quiz, but you can deleted the duplicated quiz and keep the question bank.  In addition, since there are quizzes that already exist within the course I would suggest selecting: "Overwrite assessment content with matching IDs".

I would also recommend testing this in either your test or beta environment or in a development course.

For information on How do I export Quiz content from my course?​ click on the link.

What is the Course Import Tool?

Robbie

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

ChandlWM

The method used to get question banks created would be to create a quiz export where the quizzes reside, then import that newly created export .zip file back into the course. Choose the "QTI .zip file" when picking an import type.  This will most likely duplicate the quiz, but you can deleted the duplicated quiz and keep the question bank.  In addition, since there are quizzes that already exist within the course I would suggest selecting: "Overwrite assessment content with matching IDs".

I would also recommend testing this in either your test or beta environment or in a development course.

For information on How do I export Quiz content from my course?​ click on the link.

What is the Course Import Tool?

Robbie

View solution in original post

When I import the file back into any one of my courses, it the quiz shows up but the questions don't pop up into the "unfiled" question bank like it is supposed to do.

Okay I figured it out.  When importing, choose QTI file import, and then it works.  I was choosing some other import.

I am doing this process right now and it is taking a very long time.  Is that normal?  There are only about 100 questions I am trying to import.  Thanks

I have found that sometimes there is a delay and if I just stop and start the process again it speeds up.  I am assuming there can be delays in the local user connection to the server and everything in between such as service providers and local servers.  It should not hurt to start the process over. 

ChandlWM
Learner II

Thanks.

cohenf
Learner II

To improve this, I strongly suggest being able to select questions from a quiz and then to add them to a bank. This work around of export and then importing is too complex.

rkillips
Community Member

I am with you Frank.  It is an absolute joke that it is this difficult to get a question from one quiz to another.  This should NOT be a difficult process, very simple on most LMS

Hello Everyone,

I have tried the above method and then everything is organized nicely within your question banks.  Yes the first round requires and export and then an import and some organization, but then you are all set after that.  No Joke.