cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How to add specific question types to a test from multiple question banks...

Jump to solution

How do I add similar question types (ex. M/C or T/F) from multiple question banks to "+ New Question Group"?  Or is there another way to do this?  I am creating a final exam and have created essay questions, but I want to also randomly pull T/F and M/C questions from all the chapter questions. 

Do I need to create another question bank that contains all chapters or is there an easier way?  Blackboard always provided the option to select question types and specifics questions banks in which to use for tests.  Is this function available in Canvas?

~Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

elkinsr3@nku.edu, greetings! I'm sorry to see that your question has sat here for so long without a response. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to currently do this in Canvas. What I've seen some faculty do is organize their question banks by chapter/topic and question type - Example: Chapter 8 T/F, Chapter 8 Multiple choice. You can then select the type and how many of that specific assignment group.

I know this isn't a perfect workaround, but I hope the information helps. 

Kona

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

elkinsr3@nku.edu, greetings! I'm sorry to see that your question has sat here for so long without a response. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to currently do this in Canvas. What I've seen some faculty do is organize their question banks by chapter/topic and question type - Example: Chapter 8 T/F, Chapter 8 Multiple choice. You can then select the type and how many of that specific assignment group.

I know this isn't a perfect workaround, but I hope the information helps. 

Kona

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Labels