How to change points

Jump to solution
snorrbin
Community Novice

I want to change the point total for quizzes from 15 to 20, but there is nothing in the edit of the quiz that allows it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @snorrbin ...

If you are using the current Quizzes interface [the interface that looks similar to what is displayed in this tutorial video: ], then you will need to modify the points of your questions to total 20 points.  Once you modify individual question points, the total will update from 15 to 20.  In this interface, there is no "Total" box where you can input a total number of points for the quiz...because Canvas calculates that total for you automatically.  I'm guessing you were looking for an interface that is similar to a graded Assignment where you can input the total possible points, but current Quizzes does not have that option.  New Quizzes, on the other hand, do have this option: .  You'd want to talk with your school's local Canvas administrator to see if New Quizzes has been enabled yet for your school's Canvas environment.

I hope this helps, Stefan.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes