cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myeber
Surveyor

How to create a Class Group Folder?

Is it possible to create a class group folder for students to upload and download shared material...sort of like a DropBox?  I have created a group within the class as suggested during initial research, but I cannot find how to create or link folder for them to store shared material.

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @myeber ...

If you have created the group in your course and assigned all students to the group, then you should be able to navigate to that group where there would be a group "Files" area...and I think students would be able to upload/share files there with each other.  How do I upload a file to a group?  Please note that this "Files" area is not the same as your course "Files" area, and it is also not the same as an individual's personal "Files" which can be found via the "Account" button.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Marc.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions.  Be well, and stay safe.

myeber
Surveyor

Thank you...this was helpful and worked. I took it a step further by creating a GROUP navigation button in the Canvas class page to direct students in a more streamline fashion.