How to create a pre-test with automatic feedback that suggests relevant modules?

Jump to solution
lslaoadmu
Community Member

Is there a way to "assign" a module to quiz questions so that if they got a particular question wrong, the quiz tells them which module to go to? This is for a course that will be optional for students, and is designed to be a refresher of basic topics, in preparation for a more advanced course that they are required to take. The idea is that there will be a diagnostic test in module 0, and the results of the diagnostic will tell them which module they need to focus on, based on the type of questions they got wrong. I believe Mastery Paths is not the right tool for this since Mastery Paths are based on quiz scores, not individual question response.

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @lslaoadmu 

Why not simply add it to the feedback for each question in the quiz? Students will see this feedback when they review their completed quiz.  In fact, because the feedback fields for all question types includes a full Rich Content Editor, you could link to a module (or preferably the first page of the modules) right in the feedback text. Learn how at How do I link course content to a quiz question?

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post