How to delete quizzes and assignments from Modules - Do I risk losing these quizzes and assignments?

Jump to solution
jay_lewenstein
Community Member

Dear Canvas Community,

First of all thank you for your support.

I'm worried about the editing of my modules.  Can you provide me information/instructions to delete quizzes, assignments, discussion boards, etc. without LOSING them forever.

* I believe this has happened  to me in the past. 

Do you have recommendations for DELETING assignments from the modules and SAVING them at the same time in an appropriate Canvas location?

I hope this makes sense.

Please let me know.

Paz,

JL

0 Likes
1 Solution
valentinesking
Community Champion

Howdy @jay_lewenstein ,

Thanks for asking your question. The Modules area is more like a filing cabinet, allowing you to put items in order to curate a learning journey for your learners. It is not where the assignments "live."

Discussions reside in discussions (and Assignments area); Quizzes in Quizzes (and Assignments area) and Assignments in Assignments area. This means if you delete a discussion in Assignments, it deletes it from the course.

If you "remove" an item from a module- it doesn't delete it- it only removes it from the Module area. The discussions/quizzes/assignments still remain where they "live."

Alternatively, if you actually do want to DELETE an item from a course but want to keep a copy- you can export that item out of the course before deleting it.

Hope that helps,

Sky V. King, FIU Online

View solution in original post