How to embed Kaltura media using new rich content editor as an instructor?

Jump to solution
wood1
Community Member

My university uses Kaltura integrated with Canvas. Embedding Kaltura media in a page, announcement etc. with the old rich content editor was easy. There was an "embed Kaltura media" icon in the rich content editor toolbar. 

I am trying to find a similar shortcut for embedding Kaltura media in the new rich content editor. I haven't found one. None of the "insert media" options points to the Kaltura Capture media I have stored in the "My Media" navigation tab of Canvas. Instead it seems I have to leave the page I'm editing, navigate to the "My Media" tab, open my list of Kaltura Capture recordings, select the one I'm looking for, open it, scroll down, click the "Share" button, grab the embed code, switch over to the Canvas rich content editor, click "Insert" then "Embed" and paste the embed code. This is a lot more complicated than the basically one-click solution in the old rich content editor.

Any help would be appreciated!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @wood1 ...

Happy New Year!  Full disclosure, I've not used Kaltura, so I'm not exactly sure where the placements are for that app are, but...  by chance, are you clicking on the icon that looks like a plug-in cord that you'd put into your electrical outlet?  Here's a Guide that shows two ways to find this: How do I select content from an external app in the New Rich Content Editor as an instructor?.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post