How to embed a powerpoint presentation?

Jump to solution
laertker
Community Novice

How do I embed a narrated powerpoint into canvas?

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Lynn,

It's not really possible to embed a narrated powerpoint.  If you host it on OneDrive it can be embedded, but I don't believe the audio will be playable unless the students download the file to a computer AND have powerpoint installed on their computer.

I'm not a big fan of narrated powerpoints for this very reason.  Students must have a computer (only Mac or Windows) in order to hear the narrations.  It won't work on a mobile device.  What I usually suggest is to export the narrated powerpoint as a video file and then add it to Canvas as a video.  In powerpoint click on File, Export and select video.  MP4 should be an option and if it lets you choose select the 2nd highest quality settings.  Once it has been exported you can embed in on a page in Canvas with the following guide. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-25212-how-do-i-upload-a-video-using-the-rich-content-editor... Converting it to a video will let you embed, and puts it into a format that will be much easier for students to view on any type of device.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes