cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrew_starnes
Community Member

How to embed from Venngage using <script>

I recently found Venngage.com to be a great tool to use for info graphics and posters. However their embed code uses <script> tags to embed. When I try to use the embed code they give me it does not show up in canvas. Does anyone know if canvas supports that type of embed? 

3 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@andrew_starnes , no, the Canvas HTML Editor does not support the <script> tag. For a complete list of what the HTML Editor does support, please refer to the Canvas HTML Editor Whitelist.

As to whether this embed can be accomplished differently--through an iframe of a link to an HTML file in the course files, for example--I'll defer to the advice of the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/designers?sr=search&searchId=02ad76dd-bdbd-418b-91cb-f0a26c6d...‌ group, and I've shared this question with them.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @andrew_starnes ‌...

I wanted to check in with you because there hasn't been any new activity in this particular discussion topic since your question and the response from stefaniesanders‌ on February 14th.  Have you had a chance to review Stefanie's response.  If so, do you have any other questions and or comments related to your initial posting that the Community could help answer?  Please feel free to mark Stefanie's response as "Correct" if you feel that it answers your question.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  I hope that's okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon, Andrew.

laurakgibbs
Surveyor

Hi  @andrew_starnes ‌! Just to follow up on what Chris and Stefanie said, you can indeed use a script, but it has to be uploaded first as a FILE (just paste the script into a plain text editor and use an .html suffix), and then you can use an iframe to display the results in PAGE. I've got step by steps for doing that with Twitter widgets, Pinterest, and Flickr... same technique works for all three, and I would guess the same for your Vennpage. Fingers crossed!

Twitter4Canvas: Twitter4Canvas Workshop  (See steps 6 and 7)

CanvasLIVE Playground: Pinterest in Canvas 

Flickr Albums in Canvas Pages – Teaching with Canvas 

🙂