How to enable Files tab to insert files for assignment?

Jump to solution
ashish_nagrikar
Community Novice

I have created course and want to create one assignment in that course. when I click on create assignment button it will showing me above page but I am not able to upload files to that particular assignment because "files" tab is showing disableI have created course and want to create one assignment in that course. when I click on create assignment button it will showing me above page but I am not able to upload files to that particular assignment because "files" tab is showing disabled and clicking on "files" tab nothing is happening. someone please help me with the issue to enable "files" tab in assignment section.

Thank You

1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @ashish_nagrikar  , and  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

The following quote is from this guide How do I view course files as an instructor?

"Note: When using the Rich Content Editor in a course, you cannot access files from your user files. To add files to a course, the file must reside in the files for the course. However, you can embed images from your user files using the Rich Content Editor."

However, I just tested this, as I had never seen that tab fail to load in more than a dozen Canvas accounts I participate in. I took a sandbox, and scrubbed it (Reset Course Content), which left the shell with no files. I then created a page, and edited it - File tab displayed as active............

316903_pastedImage_5.png

I would suspect one of two things:

1. Your school has restricted your permission to upload files, and you will need to contact your Canvas Admin to rectify this unfortunate setting; or
  2. It is a bug, and I would suggest contacting Canvas support through the Help Menu (Report a Problem)

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post