cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

How to enable a course in Canvas

I teach only one class as an adjunct at Merced College.  The Home page for this course has a note that reads, "This course has not been enabled yet."  I have written my content into the Home page, and have entered some assignments into the Assignment link.  But names of students do not appear in the Attendance link nor in the Grades link.  How do I "enable" this course so I can see the students' names?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

@albertson_i ...

Your school may have an automatic process in place to load students into the "People" page of your course from your school's SIS (Student Information System).  If you do not see any students listed in your "People" page of your course, I would recommend that you reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning / eLearning department to see if they can help you get your students enrolled.  Once this happens, you will see them listed in your course Grades and in the Attendance.

I hope this helps a bit.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels