How to enable self-enrollment option for a course

Jump to solution
swaldie
Community Explorer

We thought this might be tied to the sub-account, but that doesn't seem to make a difference, since we have other courses with this option enabled in the sub-account we tried.

So far, every suggestion pertaining to this topic that I have found on this site, does not work.

Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi again, @swaldie ...

I'm assuming that you are asking about the check-boxes described in this Guide, right?  How do I enable course self-enrollment with a join... - Canvas Community  Here's one other thing to check in the course where you aren't seeing those options...scroll to the top of your course "Settings" screen, and see if there is any data filled in for the "SIS ID" field.  If you have any kind of text in there, I think you need to remove it.  That field would be normally populated with text that is brought over from your school's SIS (Student Information System) if the course shells are being created via the SIS and automatically brought over into Canvas.  But, since you are manually creating this course shell, that's a different story...since I believe that Canvas would think the course was created via your SIS when it actually wasn't...if you had data in that field.  Long story short...try removing any text in the "SIS ID" field, make sure to save/update the changes, and then see if that check-box option is available.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes