cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How to find the invitation to join group on Canvas?

Jump to solution

Hello! I have a question regarding group invitation. I was told that I have been invited to join a group. However, for some reasons, I could not see any notification/invitation on Canvas which allows me to gain access to that group. This problem apparently occurred to me but not my acquaintance who could easily find the invitation as soon as she logged into her canvas account. She got into the group with just a few clicks. I am wondering how can I solve this. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Dear Kelley,

I have actually been communicating with my instructors for several days regarding this matter. I was told to check my spam box as well as logging in and out many times. Nonetheless, there was no result. Hence, I was suggested by one of the instructors to contact Canvas.

I’m not sure what the reason was but shortly after I posted my concern on the Q&A section, I received the course invitation email which I have been waiting for days. Therefore, now I no longer have any problem gaining access to the course.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards,

Somphospheak

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi somphospheak.heng@gmail.com , and  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Hi, Since there is no obvious technical reason why you would not receive an invite if you were added to a group, I would suggest you ask your instructor. You can learn how at How do I send a message to a user in a course in Conversations as a student? 

One thing you might check is whether or not you are using a supported browser. Learn more at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10720-67952720329?sr=search&searchId=b88b9be6-bf30-48e5-a3e... Also, although the guide does not state so, we always recommend that our user do not use Internet Explorer or Edge as their browser, and always recommend Firefox or Chrome.

Let us know how this works out for you.

Kelley

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Dear Kelley,

I have actually been communicating with my instructors for several days regarding this matter. I was told to check my spam box as well as logging in and out many times. Nonetheless, there was no result. Hence, I was suggested by one of the instructors to contact Canvas.

I’m not sure what the reason was but shortly after I posted my concern on the Q&A section, I received the course invitation email which I have been waiting for days. Therefore, now I no longer have any problem gaining access to the course.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards,

Somphospheak

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Learner II

somphospheak.heng@gmail.com

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clearing your cache may have gotten you there sooner! Now, even more than before, I suspect a browser issue.

Kelley

0 Kudos