How to give a student extra time on every quiz in a class

Jump to solution
erica_wagner
Community Participant

I was wondering how to give a student extra time on every quiz for a class. I know how to use the moderation function on a given quiz to add time for one quiz at a time, but there isn't any option I can find to set the same accommodation for every quiz.

Last semester, I got busy a couple of times and forget, or forget which students in which sections needed which accommodations, and the DSPS folks think I'm an idiot!

If this isn't possible, is there at least a way to make an annotation within canvas for individual students so there is a fast and easy way to check which students need various accommodations when I am setting up quizzes and assignments?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
gnoack
Community Champion

Hi @erica_wagner 

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to do either of the tasks you asked about.  There isn't a global setting for accommodations or a way to flag students. 

One suggestion, keep a text file of students who have accomodations and keep it handy.  

View solution in original post

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @erica_wagner 

With the traditional or legacy quiz tool, it is as @gnoack stated, there is not way to do this in Canvas. What I do when I receive an accommodation letter for a student is to go in and add the extra minutes to every quiz in the course. Tedious, but I don't have to count on my memory later.

This can be done with New Quizzes. I don't know if your school has made the move to New Quizzes yet, but you may want to start that conversation with your school's Canvas Admin.

Good luck,

Kelley

View solution in original post