How to let students upload their work for an art class

Jump to solution
huangmeiru
Community Novice

Hello, I teach art classes. I wonder what's the best way for me to create a place in CANVAS for students to upload an image of their drawing/painting. These are my specific questions:

(1) Should I use Discussion? (in Setting, I allow students to attach files)

(2) How do I make sure they cannot see each other's work in progress? I'm imagining I need to create an individual folder for each student?

(3) For an online critique, I would like them upload their finished work to ONE folder. And I want them to see each other's work and make comments. What's the best way to do this?

Thank you!

1 Solution
bbennett2
Community Champion

A Discussion will allow all students to see one another's work, which is nice for discussion, but not always great if you want private submissions.

You can set up an Assignment and set the submission type to File Upload. Images will be embedded in the SpeedGrader for you to view.

You can also have students use Google Drive / Office 360 / Dropbox to store files in one folder. Set your submission type to Website URL and they can give you access via the shared links provided by each of those services.

View solution in original post