cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wales
Surveyor

How to link images on a homepage to Modules

Jump to solution

I'm designing a homepage for a new course.  I have images with text for each of the 6 course modules.  Does anybody know how I can link these images to the modules?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Member

Hello  @wales  Welcome to the worldwide Canvas Community.  I see you joined us a few months ago, but this appears to be your first participation.  Canvas makes this incredibly easy to do; simply follow the same instructions for creating a link to anywhere on your site that is posted here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10210-415241444 BUT in your case, rather than selecting text you simply want to click directly on the image where you want the link.  Then, after clicking on the image, head to that the LINKS tab that is shown in that lesson in your rich content editor, click on the MODULES area under the Links tab, and you can select the Module that you want the image to link to.  That should do it.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kblack
Community Member

Hello  @wales  Welcome to the worldwide Canvas Community.  I see you joined us a few months ago, but this appears to be your first participation.  Canvas makes this incredibly easy to do; simply follow the same instructions for creating a link to anywhere on your site that is posted here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10210-415241444 BUT in your case, rather than selecting text you simply want to click directly on the image where you want the link.  Then, after clicking on the image, head to that the LINKS tab that is shown in that lesson in your rich content editor, click on the MODULES area under the Links tab, and you can select the Module that you want the image to link to.  That should do it.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

thanks…

Peter T Martin PhD PE

Professor Civil Engineering

New Mexico State University