How to make the numbers in a numbered list bigger?

Jump to solution
McCracken
Community Member

When I make a numbered list in the instructions for an assignment, the numbers themselves are always 12 pt font no matter how big the text is. This problem occurs in this text box too:

1. example
  2. example
  3. example
  4. example

You can see that the numbers stay the same size. This makes the numbered list button useless for writing in any font except 12. Is there a way to fix this? (besides just typing out numbers instead of hitting the numbered list button)

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Steven_S
Community Champion

Yes, you can fix this for your numbered lists.  You will need to use the HTML view. 

In html view you should be able to find the numbered list without the actual number but the text of each line preceded by <li> and the line above the entire list as <ol>

You can adjust the font size of all of the numbers by changing <ol> to <ol style="font-size: 18pt;">  (replace 18pt with your desired size)

You can adjust the font size of a specific number by changing <li> to <li style="font-size: 18pt;">  (again, replace 18pt with your desired size)

I have very limited html skills, but I have seen @James describe font size adjustments in detail.  It was somewhere I cannot place in this new community.  I'm sure he could offer useful tips that go beyond this.

View solution in original post

James
Community Champion

I was probably bemoaning that Canvas uses point sizes instead of relative sizes for changing the size.

If you want all of the items to be the same size, then apply the font-size style to the ol or ul elements. If you want it to apply to individual items within the list (item 2 is a different size than item 1), then apply the font-size style to the li element.

View solution in original post