cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

How to manage our grade books if there is no attendance taken end of semester?

Students are on break for the last two weeks of the semester but we still need to update our grade books. Canvas will not allow us to manage our grade books if there is no attendance taken. How do we overcome this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

rdavis@delcomschools.org, I don't believe this is directly a Canvas issue as Attendance in Canvas doesn't impact the ability to enter grades or do anything else in the course. Are you using another third party system that is integrated into Canvas? If so, then this is probably where the issue is stemming from.

Kona

Highlighted
Community Member

Kona,

Yes. Canvas is sync’d with PowerSchool.

Thanks,

Randy

On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 11:32 AM kona@richland.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thank you! That helps! I'm not familiar with PowerSchool, but I've shared this with the PowerSchool‌ and K-12‌ groups in the Community to see if they can help. In addition, I'd recommend reviewing the help materials/documentation in the PowerSchool group to see if there is anything there that can help.

Kona

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

rdavis@delcomschools.org,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

0 Kudos
Labels