cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

How to manually set who does peer review not in their own group using a graded discussion?

Allowing non group members to review another group's work.
We are really struggling with an easy way to do the following:
Have each student (or teams of students) submit an assignment for 1) instructor review (+grade) and then 2) peer interaction based on the assignment, where the instructor then is able to give a second grade on the content/quality of the interaction.
...WITH the option to set the teams/pairs and WITHOUT the need to go in and manually do that after monitoring who has submitted their work.  Open forums with good roadmapping should be sufficient for directing students to their part of submission and discussion -- but then there is no place for the instructor to submit two grades.
I have seen a thread that talks about using collaborations but am not sure how to link them to a graded discussion so that the discussion is then the peer review.  I know I could use manual peer review but instructors don't want to have to constantly check to see if submission was done.
Anyone come up with something that works for this situation?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there, valla020@umn.edu!

I wanted to apologize for your question sitting here in the Community without gaining any traction. Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you - so I'm going to share your question with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/higher-ed?sr=search&searchId=fb7b6a3d-65fa-4985-979f-9301e0fc...‌ group to hopefully get some more eyes on it and see if we can get an answer.

With that said, if you've found a solution in this time period - we'd love to hear about it! It'll especially be helpful in the event someone else has this question in the future! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

We have not....  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

valla020@umn.edu - I'm following up on old questions that I commented on and I want to apologize for missing your comment! I'm not quite sure how it went passed me, but I apologize.

With that said, do you have an update on things? Did you figure out a workaround or solution of some sort? We'd love to hear back from you!

Highlighted

We have not. This particular course will not be offered for several months

so we have not made this a priority. Will let you know what the

discussions are when it comes up again. Thanks for checking in!

Kelly

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 6:56 AM, Kenneth Rogers <instructure@jiveon.com>

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, valla020@umn.edu...

I, too, wanted to check in with you because I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for almost four months.  In reading through your conversation with kenneth.rogers@instructure.com, it looks as though you haven't yet found a solution to the questions you had originally asked back in September 2017.  If this has recently changed and you've found a solution on your own, please feel free to post that here so that other Community members can learn what you did to resolve this.  For now, however, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've really found a solution for you...but more because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread since your reply on February 22, 2018.  However, this won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Kelly.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels