cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpeake
Community Member

How to remove hyperlink from "Student Resources" in Menu

Jump to solution

I imported a course template from another university and whenever I click on "Student Resources" in the left-hand navigation menu, it opens an option to "open in a new tab" that university's resources webpage and I can't figure out how to remove it to add our own.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Navigator

@kpeake ,

I can think of two places to look, both are found under the course Settings menu.

Go to your course Settings page and choosing the Navigation tab. There should be a Student Resources item there that you can either 1) click the admin cog and choose Disable or 2) drag it to the bottom section. Be sure to scroll down and save the page. That should remove it from the menu, but leave it in the system in case you should (probably not in this case but perhaps in others) want to put it back later.

There is another more permanent route. Go to the course Settings page and choose the Apps tab. There click on the View App Configurations at the top and scroll down until you find Student Resources. There should be an admin cog there that will allow you to delete it. Deleting it here should remove it from the menu without needing to do the other step.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
James
Navigator

@kpeake ,

I can think of two places to look, both are found under the course Settings menu.

Go to your course Settings page and choosing the Navigation tab. There should be a Student Resources item there that you can either 1) click the admin cog and choose Disable or 2) drag it to the bottom section. Be sure to scroll down and save the page. That should remove it from the menu, but leave it in the system in case you should (probably not in this case but perhaps in others) want to put it back later.

There is another more permanent route. Go to the course Settings page and choose the Apps tab. There click on the View App Configurations at the top and scroll down until you find Student Resources. There should be an admin cog there that will allow you to delete it. Deleting it here should remove it from the menu without needing to do the other step.

View solution in original post

kpeake
Community Member

The second part (View App Configurations at the top and deleting student resources) was exactly what I needed. Thanks!