How to reorganize imported announcements

Jump to solution
mschubert
Community Novice

Is there a way to reorganize my imported announcements? I imported my Blackboard announcements, would like to reuse them, organize them and be able to only port certain announcements at a time.

2 Solutions
kona
Community Champion

@mschubert , the only way to organize them is by setting a display/publish date - How do I delay posting an announcement until a specific date in a course?. Otherwise they’ll be in the order they were created. I know what some people do is leave all their announcements in a sandbox course (so not real course, no students) and then copy them to their real/live course as needed. You could do this by copying and pasting or using the Canvas Import tool - How do I select specific content as part of a course import? 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

kona
Community Champion

I second what Greg already posted! Unfortunately, the only way to change it to your profile is to copy and paste the announcement. Any type of copy directly using Canvas will remove your profile information. This is done because some people do not want their information copied over when an announcement is copied. For example, Instructional Designers or teachers you've shared your announcement with. 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post